CO POISONING: Eight People Being Treated

Originally posted on whotv.com:

Paramedics took eight people to the hospital Friday morning after discovering carbon monoxide in their Des Moines home.

A woman called 911 around 7:00 a.m. saying she’d had a headache for the last four days. When firefighters got to 1322 11th Street, she collapsed.

Crews took the eight people, including four children and one baby, to the hospital.

Firefighters found a high level of carbon monoxide gas in the home. The gas is colorless, odorless, tasteless, and poisonous.

“It’s good that someone called because they all could have perished,” says Cpt. Steve Brown with the Des Moines Fire Department.

Investigators say the source of the gas was a faulty heat exchange in the furnace.

Symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning include, headache, fatigue, shortness of breath, nausea and dizziness. High levels can cause loss of consciousness and ultimately death.

If you suspect carbon monoxide poisoning, get fresh air immediately and call the…

View original 19 more words

About these ads

About Genuine Comfort Heating and Air

We are a Heating and Air company located out of Salt Lake City, Utah. We are 99% referral-based. We have been helping families and businesses live in comfort for a decade. Let us help you have genuine comfort in your home. "Your COMFORT is our GENUINE concern"
This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s