More great lifesaving information!
Did you know that propane gases are naturally odorless? Companies add a chemical odorant so that they are more easily detected when they are leaking. This is vital, especially when your home is most likely to have a gas leak: Winter!
If you smell gas:
- Exit your home immediately.
- Do not light a match, start an engine, use a cell phone, or do anything that may create a spark as propane gas can ignite easily.
- Contact your propane supplier and call 911 from a safe area.
- Shut the propane gas supply off at the tank if you are able.
- Stay away from your home until you’ve been told that it is safe to return.
If you have any questions or want to know more about what to do if you smell gas in your home, call Selvey Heating & Cooling.