Great blog post! This is a must read!
This is the story of two furnaces. One was a carbon-monoxide-spewing fire hazard, the other actually worked. One now lies in a dumpster, the other is installed in our house. Any real estate professional will say you should always get a home inspection before you buy, and they’re right. Our inspection made it very clear, if wasn’t obvious by looking, that everything in the house was broken, including the furnace:
“Furnace found defective / Unsafe / Do not use…Evidence of past excessive flame and/or heat rollout from the bur chamber. This is considered a potential significant safety hazard.”
The report even included a handy photo showing the damage. We’re stunned that the previous owners lived with this for years. They’re lucky the house didn’t burn down. When turned on, the furnace spouted flames. It was a combination of a defective product and faulty installation. The bad installation even risked carbon…
View original post 160 more words