Great article about not warming up the car while parked in the garage.
Carbon Monoxide is Poisonous
Your wife says, “Honey, go out to the garage and warm up the car.” Did you know that even with the main garage door open, it is dangerous to run an automobile in a garage–especially when it’s attached to the house?
When you step out of your house into the garage, cool air comes in through the door. Deadly carbon monoxide (CO) fumes come indoors with this air. Making matters worse, when you first start a cold engine, the fumes are very concentrated.
Rx: When you start your car, back it out immediately leaving the overhead door open for a minute or two to help clear the air. Make the door from your garage to your home is airtight and install an automatic door closer.
Other sources of Carbon Monoxide include all gasoline engines such as lawn mowers, motor cycles, generators, pressure washers, barbeques and kerosene…
View original post 11 more words