Sadly, each year thousands of people die from Carbon Monoxide (CO) poisoning. This silent gas causes asphyxiation with prolonged exposure. Because it is so easy to misdiagnose, only lately has CO poisoning become recognized as the second greatest household danger next to fire.
What is Carbon Monoxide?
Carbon Monoxide is a toxic, odorless, tasteless, and colorless gas. Its threat is present in virtually every household. Mild exposure to CO gas can cause headaches, drowsiness, dizziness, and nausea; while extreme exposure causes brain damage or even death.
How does it enter my home?
Due to damage, poor maintenance, or defects, many appliances such as furnaces, water heaters, gas stoves or fireplaces may silently emit CO. Carbon Monoxide is produced when fuel burns without sufficient oxygen (incomplete combustion). This type of malfunction can happen to any fuel burning appliance at any time.
View original post 200 more words